If you occasionally catch yourself opening inspect mode on a random website you happen to be at the time, fixing the not so pixel perfect UI with some css here and there just to prove yourself right about it and satisfy your perfectionism levels or if you are triggered (in a nasty way) just by hearing the words CORS policy then we have to meet because it sounds like we have so much in common...
We're looking to grow our obsessed (but lovely), with anything digital, family of perfectionists with a new team member. Our goal is to create a team that will rewrite the history of web interfaces and experiences.
Front end never gets boring. A new framework today, a new device (with a new screen ratio or notch) tomorrow, there's always something going on. You need to have an eye for detail and be opinionated about how users interact with technology. It would be great if you also had experience coding interfaces with or without js but we know not everybody has it. We'll consider applications from all experience levels.
Daily agency life for the front end dev is usually to work on our current projects based on the current sprint. Occasionally you'll get in touch and brainstorm with marketing because beautiful interfaces is one thing, but highly effective ones is what brings home the big smiles. Last but not least we all have lots of coffee and lame jokes from mr galatis.
- You will be working with the design and marketing teams to create highly effective user interfaces
- We use a variety of tools in order to make our lives easier like SCSS, Webpack, Gulp and others, you'll use them too
- You will work with Drupal 8, JSON APIs etc
- Write high quality code and collaborate with the rest of the team using tools like git, jira etc
- Debugging is A to Z. You need to master it
- Helping the team in maintaining our current website portfolio (all php based)
- Our focus is our customers and solving their problems, it should be your focus too
- You will need to think out of the box in terms of problem solving and suggest improvements anywhere you spot opportunities. We have a culture that the best idea wins not the best position.
- Good Understanding of the browser and DOM model, HTML, CSS, JS
- Understanding of object-oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Eye for detail - ability to create pixel-perfect UIs and/or spot issues and fix them
- Basic Understanding of Web APIs
- Self learning and have a strong desire to become better every day by writing code you are proud of
- Want to work in a team that has a higher purpose
Good To Have
- Prior Experience or Knowledge of React, Redux, React native etc
- Experience with preprocessors like SASS and tools like npm, gulp etc
- Experience with git based source control. Github/Bitbucket, Pull Requests, Branching strategies etc
- UX knowledge or experience
- Understanding of PHP and/or Drupal
- Drupal site-building skills
- Ability to assist in gathering project requirements
- Agile/Scrum/Sprint based development experience
- BS/BA/AD degree
Any of these are optional but good to have as we can get you to great projects faster.
- Compensation, obviously. Although it depends on your level, we believe that serious work happens when we're all happy
- Working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that provides the opportunity for rapid career development
- Performance based bonuses
- Opportunity to be challenged to grow professionally and personally in your career
- Exclusive training material
- A culture we care about deeply. People should be happy in their jobs and lives. There is a balance to strike to achieve this and we respect it.
wefixit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are always looking for passionate people to join our team (well, more like a family). A small group of people crazy enough to think they can change the world and create a fun relationship for ordinary people interacting with technology. We believe in expansion, both as a company and as individuals.
Be strongly advised that we are highly addictive. If you do get accepted, you might want to stay with us for the rest of your life. Think you are ready? Sounds like fun? YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
PS: English is intentional.
PS2: We believe in the hire slow fire fast model.