If you keep finding yourself in endless arguments about whether arrays start at 0 or 1 and you sometimes see nightmares about that infinite loop you think you created and pushed to production, then you are probably in the right place. We can help you get through those tough times, united, as a family. Then we'll go change the world.
Although experience and familiarity with our tech stack is a nice touch on your resume, we know that not everybody has it. But we believe that everybody can learn and figure out pretty much everything so we're looking for that kind of personality traits.
We have various projects and a variety in project complexity. We'll consider applications from all experience levels.
We only work with php based frameworks and CMS's and we love Drupal. We follow agile methodologies for project management and we obviously use git. Code quality is something that we always want to be proud of.
Daily agency life for the back end developer is usually to work on our current projects based on the current sprint. Sometimes we fix stuff for websites we maintain or update them etc. We have our own hosting company (and infrastructure obviously). We have websites that are 5+ years old that feel and perform like new, all due to our ongoing efforts to keep the code clean, updated and smooth. Last but not least we all have lots of coffee and lame jokes from mr galatis.
- Plan, analyze and code cutting edge websites and web applications
- You will work with a great tech stack including Drupal 8, WordPress, etc
- Collaborate closely with the team on each project
- You'll have to work with the latest dev environments and tools like composer, vagrant, docker, git, jira etc
- Debugging is A to Z. You need to master it
- Helping the team in maintaining our current website portfolio (all php based) to stay healthy and secure
- Our focus is our customers and solving their problems, it should be your focus too
- You will need to think out of the box in terms of problem solving and suggest improvements anywhere you spot opportunities. We have a culture that the best idea wins not the best position.
- Understanding of Functional Programming and OOP paradigms
- PHP skills and at least some development experience. We have to see some of your code.
- Basic understanding in web APIs
- Experience with git based source control. Github/Bitbucket, Pull Requests, Branching strategies etc
- Self learning and have a strong desire to become better every day by writing code you are proud of
- Want to work in a team that has a higher purpose
Optional / Good To Have
- Commercial experience in Drupal 8 or Symfony stack
- Custom module development experience
- Knowledge of the Drupal API
- Ability to assist in gathering project requirements
- Experience with performance optimization of Drupal/MySQL systems
- Experience using Drush, Drupal Console or Composer
- Other PHP based CMS, development experience (WordPress, Magento, Opencart etc)
- Agile/Sprint based development experience
- BS/BA/AD degree
Any of these are optional but good to have as we can get you to great projects faster.
- Compensation, obviously. Although it depends on your level, we believe that serious work happens when we're all happy
- Working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that provides the opportunity for rapid career development
- Performance-Based Bonuses
- Opportunity to be challenged to grow professionally and personally in your career
- Exclusive training material
- A culture we care about deeply. People should be happy in their jobs and lives. There is a balance to strike to achieve this and we respect it.
wefixit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are always looking for passionate people to join our team (well, more like a family). A small group of people crazy enough to think they can change the world and create a fun relationship for ordinary people interacting with technology. We believe in expansion, both as a company and as individuals.
Be strongly advised that we are highly addictive. If you do get accepted, you might want to stay with us for the rest of your life. Think you are ready? Sounds like fun? YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
PS: English is intentional.
PS2: We believe in the hire slow fire fast model.